When it’s a bank holiday weekend and a birthday weekend there really is only one thing for it- a trip to the big apple!!
Now I was lucky enough to be treated to a surprise weekend in New York for my birthday and it was the BEST birthday present a girl could ask for.
The weather was a glorious 30 degrees Celcius, sun shining everyday which made being out and about sight seeing even more enjoyable.
We stayed at the Grand Hyatt in a club room which meant we had access to the lounge for refreshments throughout the day which was good although as most of our time was spent away from the hotel we didn’t take full advantage of what was on offer. Rooms were a decent size although rather dark and noisy but then again this is the city that never sleeps!!
New York is the most amazing city break, we walked for miles so comfy shoes are a must as well as lots of cash for all that shopping… And eating…
There are far too many activities for just one trip but we managed to pack in as many as we could. Below is a small selection:
1. Hire a row boat at Central Park:
2. Take the ferry to see the statue of liberty:
3. Take a helicopter ride:
5. Admire the view from the top of the Empire State Building:
7. Cool off with an ice cream from one of the many ice cream vans:
8. Enjoy some amazing food:
9. See a show on Broadway. There are so many to choose from it would be rude not to.
10. Take a stroll… Whether it’s through Central Park, downtown, uptown or anywhere about town there are so many amazing things to see.